This course equips the student with knowledge on codes, applicable in artificial intelligence.
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
· Encode and decode messages
· Detect and correct errors and signals.
· Application of algebra to algebraic coding theory.
· Linear codes.
· cyclic codes
· BCH codes.
MODE OF DELIVERY
§ Lecture and discussion
§ Group discussion
§ Reading and problem assignments
· Whiteboard and Markers
· Flip Charts
· LCD Projectors
· CDs, DVDs and Tapes
· Continuous assessment tests 20%
· Group and individual project (course work) 20%
· End of semester examination 60%